Blender Plug-in Guide
- 1 Blender Plug-in Guide
You can submit jobs from within Blender by installing the integrated submission script, or you can submit them from the Monitor. The instructions for installing the integrated submission script can be found further down this page.
To submit from within Blender 2.5 and later, select Render -> Submit To Deadline. For previous versions of Blender, select Help -> Submit To Deadline.
- Threads: The number of threads to use for rendering.
- Build To Force: You can force 32 bit or 64 bit rendering.
You can configure the Blender plug-in settings from the Deadline Monitor. While in super user mode, select Tools -> Configure Plugins and select the Blender plug-in from the list on the left. To get a description of each setting, simply hover the mouse cursor over a setting and a tool tip will be displayed.
Integrated Submission Script Setup
The following procedures describes how to install the integrated Blender submission script. This script allows for submitting Blender render jobs to Deadline directly from within the Blender editing GUI.
Blender 2.5 and Later
This script and the following installation procedure has been tested with with Blender 2.5 and later.
- In Blender, select File -> User Preferences, and then select the Add-Ons tab.
- Click the Install Add-On button at the bottom, browse to [Repository]\ClientSetup\Blender, and select the Submit25ToDeadline.py script. Then press the Install Add-On button to install it. Note that on Windows, you may not be able to browse the UNC repository path, in which case you can just copy [Repository]\ClientSetup\Blender\Submit25ToDeadline.py locally to your machine before pointing the Add-On installer to it.
- Then click on the Render filter on the left, and check the box next to the Render: Submit To Deadline add-on.
- After closing the User Preferences window, the Submit To Deadline option should now be in your Render menu.
Pre-2.5 Versions of Blender
This script and the following installation procedure has been tested with with versions of Blender 2.x prior to Blender 2.5.
- Copy [Repository]\ClientSetup\Blender\SubmitToDeadline.py to [Blender Install Directory]\.blender\scripts. Note that on Linux and OSX, the .blender folder may be hidden.
- The next time you start Blender, a Submit To Deadline option will appear in the Help menu.
- Which versions of Blender are supported by Deadline?
- Blender 2.x is currently supported by Deadline.
Error Messages And Meanings
This is a collection of known Blender error messages and their meanings, as well as possible solutions. We want to keep this list as up to date as possible, so if you run into an error message that isn't listed here, please email Deadline Support and let us know.
Currently, no error messages have been reported for this plug-in.