Generation Plug-in Guide
- 1 Generation Plug-in Guide
Generation jobs are essentially the same as Fusion jobs. Submission is done using the same Fusion submitter that is used by the Monitor, and rendering is done using the Fusion Plug-in. However, you can conveniently submit these jobs from within Generation.
In Generation, select the thumb(s) you want to submit, and then right-click and select Submit. If this does not bring up the submission window, check out the Integrated Submission Script Setup documentation further down.
The general Deadline options are explained in the Job Submission documentation. The Fusion options are:
- Use Frame List In Comp: Uses the frame list defined in the comp files instead of the Frame List setting. If you are submitting more than one comp from Generation, you should leave this option enabled unless you want the Frame List setting to be used for each comp.
- Proxy: The proxy level to use.
- High Quality Mode: Whether or not to render with high quality.
- Check Output: If checked, Deadline will check all savers to ensure they have saved their image file.
- Version: The version of Fusion to render with.
- Build: The build to force.
Integrated Submission Script Setup
The following procedure describes how to install the integrated Generation submission script. This script allows for submitting Generation render jobs to Deadline directly from within the Generation editing GUI. This script will only work with Generation 2 and later.
- Copy DeadlineFarmOpenManager.lua and DeadlineFarmSubmit.lua from [Repository]/ClientSetup/Generation/ to [Generation Install Folder]/Scripts/Generation
- In the Generation root install folder, you'll need to edit your Custom.cfg file. If you currently do not have a Custom.cfg file, create an empty one. Open your Custom.cfg file and add these two lines:
- Save the file. The next time you start up Generation, these scripts will be used when you select the Submit option for the selected thumbs.
- Which versions of Generation are supported by Deadline?
- Generation 2 and later are supported.