Deadline Job Monitor
- 1 Deadline Job Monitor
The Deadline Job Monitor allows you to automatically monitor the progress of a few specific jobs without having to refresh the Monitor. Just right-click on the job you want to watch in the Monitor and select Add To Job Monitor, and then keep the tool in a corner of your screen to keep an eye on them. On windows, you can also drag & drop jobs from the Monitor to the Job Monitor tool.
While the Job Monitor only shows the job's name and progress, you can view more information about the job by simply hovering the mouse over the job's name and progress bar. You can also right-click on the job to view the output directory or retrieve the scene file that was submitted with the job.
Running The Job Monitor
To start the Job Monitor:
- On Windows, you can start the Job Monitor from the Start Menu, from the Deadline Launcher, from the Monitor's Tools menu, or from a command prompt.
- On Linux, you can start the Job Monitor from the Deadline Launcher, from the Monitor's Tools menu, or from a terminal window.
- On Mac OSX, you can start the Job Monitor by double-clicking the Job Monitor application in Finder, from the Monitor's Tools menu, from the Deadline Launcher, or from a terminal window.
Command line info:
- When running the Job Monitor from a command prompt or terminal window, this is the command to use:
- To shutdown the Job Monitor if it's already running, you can run the following:
Job Monitor Menu Options
- Add Job
- Add a job to the Job Monitor tool. This is an alternative to adding the jobs from the Deadline Monitor.
- Clear Jobs
- Clears all jobs currently in the Job Monitor tool.
- Always On top
- The Job Monitor tool will always be shown on top of other windows.
- Clear Jobs On Exit
- All jobs will be cleared from the Job Monitor tool whenever it is closed.
Job Monitor Right-Click Options
- Explore Output
- Allows you to view the directory where a job's output is sent. If a job has multiple output directories, they will be listed in a separate sub-menu.
- Copy Output Path
- Copies a job's output directory to the clipboard. If a job has multiple output directories, they will be listed in a separate sub-menu.
- Retrieve File
- Allows you to save the scene file that was submitted with a job to another location.
- Repository Directory
- Allows you to view a job's directory in the Repository.
- Does the Job Monitor automatically refresh itself?
- Yes. Unlike the Deadline Monitor, the Job Monitor automatically updates the jobs in the list.
- Is it possible to see more information about the jobs in the list, like priority, pool, etc.
- Yes. You can hover the mouse over the job name to see additional information. You can also hover the mouse over the progress bar to see the accurate progress of the job's tasks.
- Can I control jobs (suspend, change properties, etc) from the Job Monitor
- No. The Job Monitor simply allows you to keep an eye on your jobs. Use the Deadline Monitor to control the jobs.