Renderman (RIB) Plug-in Guide
- 1 Renderman (RIB) Plug-in Guide
You can submit Renderman jobs from the Monitor.
The general Deadline options are explained in the Job Submission documentation, and the Draft/Shotgun options are explained in the Draft and Shotgun documentation. Note that a Draft job can only be submitted if Deadline is able to parse absolute Display paths from the selected rib file. If it cannot extract the output paths, it will let you know during submission so that you can disable the Draft job option.
The RIB specific options are:
- RIB Files: The RIB files to be rendered (can be ASCII or binary formatted). These files should be network accessible.
- Renderer: The renderer that will be used to render the RIB files.
- Additional Arguments: Specify additional command line arguments you would like to pass to the RIB renderer. See the documentation for your particular RIB renderer for additional arguments.
You can configure the RIB plug-in settings from the Deadline Monitor. While in super user mode, select Tools -> Plugins Configuration and select the RIB plugin from the list on the left. To get a description of each setting, simply hover the mouse cursor over a setting and a tool tip will be displayed.
- Which RIB renderes are supported by Deadline?
- The following renders are supported:
- If you use a RIB renderer that is not on this list, please contact Deadline Support and let us know.
Error Messages And Meanings
This is a collection of known RIB error messages and their meanings, as well as possible solutions. We want to keep this list as up to date as possible, so if you run into an error message that isn't listed here, please email Deadline Support and let us know.
Currently, no error messages have been reported for this plug-in.