Rhino Plug-in Guide
- 1 Rhino Plug-in Guide
You can submit jobs from within Rhino by installing the integrated submission script, or you can submit them from the Monitor. The instructions for installing the integrated submission script can be found further down this page.
To submit from within Rhino, left-click on the Deadline button you created during the integrated submission script installation.
- Rhino File: The Rhino file to be rendered.
- Output File: The filename of the image(s) to be rendered.
- Renderer: Specify the renderer to use.
- Render Bongo Animation: If your Rhino file uses the Bongo animation plugin, you can enable a Bongo animation job.
Deadline supports many of the Rhino renderers out of the box, including Rhino Render, Flamingo, VRay, Brazil, Penguin, and TreeFrog. If you are using a renderer that Deadline does not currently support, please email Deadline Support and let us know!
It is also possible to manually add new renderers to the list that Deadline supports. Go to \\your\repository\script\Submission\RhinoSubmission and open Renderers.ini in a text editor. You'll see that this file contains the list of renderers that Deadline currently supports, one per line. Just add the missing renderer as a new line and save the file. Note that the name needs to match that of the renderer exactly!
You can configure the Rhino plug-in settings from the Deadline Monitor. While in super user mode, select Tools -> Configure Plugins and select the Rhino plug-in from the list on the left. To get a description of each setting, simply hover the mouse cursor over a setting and a tool tip will be displayed.
Integrated Submission Script Setup
The following procedure describes how to install the integrated Rhino submission script. This script allows for submitting Rhino render jobs to Deadline directly from within the Rhino editing GUI. The script and the following installation procedure has been tested with Rhino version 4.0.
- In Rhino, select Tools -> Toolbar Layout.
- Select the Toolbar collection file that you want to add the Deadline submission button to, then select Toobar -> Import. Browse to [Repository]\ClientSetup\Rhino\ and select the deadline.tb file.
- Check the box next to Deadline and press Import.
- Select File -> Save to save the changes to the selected Toolbar collection file.
- There should now be a toolbar with a Deadline button on your screen, which you can dock.
- Left-click on the button to submit a Rhino job to Deadline.
- Right-click on the button to launch the Deadline Monitor.
- Which versions of Rhino are supported?
- Deadline supports Rhino 4.
- Does Rhino need to be licensed on each render node?
- Is the Bongo plugin for animation supported?
- Yes. The Rhino submission dialog has the option to render a Bongo animation.
Error Messages And Meanings
This is a collection of known Rhino error messages and their meanings, as well as possible solutions. We want to keep this list as up to date as possible, so if you run into an error message that isn't listed here, please email Deadline Support and let us know.
Currently, no error messages have been reported for this plug-in.