Monday, September 19, 2016 at 3:28PM
September 19, 2016. For 64-bit 3ds Max 2012-2017.
- New license version. Please contact our sales department for a new Frost 2.0 license file.
- Added support for 3ds Max 2017.
- Removed support for 3ds Max 2010, 2011, and all 32-bit versions of 3ds Max.
- Improved performance of Union of Spheres, Metaballs, Zhu/Bridson, and Anisotropic meshing.
- Added support for V-Ray geometry instancing.
- To enable this, use the new "Use V-Ray Instancing" checkbox in the "Particle Geometry" rollout.
- Requires V-Ray 3.1 or later.
- Added Region of Interest controls.
- Lets you limit meshing to a bounding box.
- These controls can be found in the new "Region of Interest" rollout.
- Added support for loading additional particle file formats: E57, LAZ, PLY, PTG, and Thinkbox SPRT.
User Interface Changes
- Double-clicking an item in the "Particle Objects" or "Custom Geometry" list will now select the corresponding object in the scene.
- Added right-click support to list controls in the Frost UI.
- Selecting, reordering and removing source objects can now be performed directly by right-clicking an item instead of highlighting it and then using the [>>] menu button.
- Added Frost menu to main menu bar.
- Fixed error when using a float16 Radius channel with Anisotropic meshing.
- Fixed SubAnim name of "geometryOrientationDivergenceAxisY" (was "X" instead of "Y").
Paul | Comments Off |