Krakatoa Turbulence FD Source
Last edited on Feb 1, 2016
The Krakatoa renderer requires scene objects that can generate particles to provide a Krakatoa-compatible particle stream with all data to be rendered.
The Krakatoa Turbulence FD Source object implements the conversion of CINEMA 4D 3rd party Turbulence FD fluid simulator to a Krakatoa-compatible particle stream.
To create a new Krakatoa Emitter Source, select the Menu > Plugins > Krakatoa > Krakatoa Turbulence FD Source item.
The Basic tab implements the regular CINEMA 4D object controls and does not contain any Krakatoa-specific settings.
The Coord. tab implements the regular CINEMA 4D Transformation controls.
The Setup tab contains the standard Krakatoa Particle Source controls available in all Krakatoa objects.
Turbulence FD Tab
Container object picker
- Provides the Turbulence FD Container object to send to Krakatoa for rendering.
Shader drop-down list
- Controls the shader to use for seeding particles.
- Possible values are
Voxel Spacing value
- Defines the voxel grid spacing to use for particle distribution.
Voxel Subdivision value
- Defines the number of subdivisions to perform in each voxel.
- The default value of 0 produces no subdivisions, resulting in only the base grid.
- A subdivision value of 1 performs one subdivision along each axis, resulting in 2x2x2 = 8 sub-regions, 2 subdivisions result in 3x3x3=27 sub-regions and so on.
Enable Jittering checkbox
- Checked by default.
Random Jitter Seed value
- Controls the random distribution pattern of the Random Particle Position Jittering.
- Default is 42 for a very geeky reason. Ask a dolphin if you can find one.
- Contains checkboxes with supported data channels to pass to the Krakatoa renderer.
- Note that the Position channel is always included implicitly and is not listed.
- Velocity is checked by default.
- The rest of the channels have no influence on the Krakatoa renderer, but could be enabled to include in saved PRT files.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q: I have the Demo version of Turbulence FD and I am getting no particles.
A: The Demo version of Turbulence FD is unfortunately not supported by Krakatoa C4D due to technical limitations. The full commercial version of Turbulence FD is required.
Q: The Krakatoa TFD Source is creating no particles from the TFD Container.
A: Make sure the Smoke channel is cached with the simulation, as it is required by the Krakatoa TFD Source to seed the particles.
Q: I am trying to advect other particles (TP, X-Particles) using Turbulence FD, but the particles are not moving.
A: In the Simulation tab > Velocity panel of the Turbulence FD, make sure "Particle Velocity Scale" is greater than 0% (100% would be best).