Monday, September 19, 2016 at 1:51PM
- Added Uniform Random Magma operator
- Added Uniform Vector Random Magma operator
- Added Uniform on Sphere Magma operator
- Added Gaussian Random Magma operator
- Added Weibull Random Magma operator
- Added Triangle Random Magma operator
- Added Exponential Random Magma operator
- Added Phase input to Noise and Vector Noise magma operators
- Exposed mipmap scaling for custom bokeh effects
- Added an option to explicitly allocate the BokehBlendInfluence channel
- Added support for Mel's dirmap command in the PRTLoader
- Fixed an issue where light attenuation maps were sometimes missing slices of particles in Maya 2017
- Fixed an issue where PRTSurface and PRTVolume nodes would sometimes not automatically connect to selected meshes on creation
Monday, August 15, 2016 at 4:39PM
- Added support for Maya 2017
- Removed support for Maya 2013
- Added adaptive motion blur
- Added anamorphic squeeze, bokeh shape maps, and bokeh blend map options for rendering DOF
- Added a birth channel generator utility for generating "sticky" channels
- Added an "IgnoreBackfaces" input to the NearestPoint and IntersectRay Magma operators
- Added support for OpenGLCoreProfile and DirectX11 viewport 2.0 modes
- Added optimizations to the number of render threads
- Added optimizations to the partitioning of particles for multiple threads when rendering with DOF
- Added a version number in the Krakatoa UI\
- Added the generation of color channels from vertex colors to the PRTVolume and PRTSurface
- Fixed playback and timeline scrubbing when using parallel and serial dependency graph evaluation modes in Windows and OS X
- Fixed an issue where Maya particles couldn't be rendered in Maya 2016 on Linux
- Fixed the exporting of PRT files via Deadline
- Fixed incorrect alpha channels when saving to EXR
Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 12:06PM
- Fixed a bug where Magma nodes and modifiers weren't properly being cleaned up on delete.
- Fixed a few bugs in the PRT Export code that was causing files to appear in incorrect locations.
- Improved partitioning over Deadline by supporting more of the export options
- Added various sanity checks for troubleshooting Deadline exporting issues.
- Improved PRT Volume and PRT Surface texture coordinate output.
Thursday, December 10, 2015 at 12:03PM
- Fixed a performance issue that was causing very slow renders on computers that have a lot of memory (over 4 GB).
- Support for LAS LIDAR point file format.
- Added support for the "unit" metadata for RealFlow BIN file format, and fixed a regression from last release that was causing incorrectly rotated BIN files.
- Note: If users were previously using BIN files that were not in meters, the scale of the points will change in this release. To compensate, users may want to add a scale directly to the PRT Loader object.
- Added support for upcoming Frost for Maya release. Made required internal for Frost to use Krakatoa particle objects.