<<Back to Krakatoa Objects
PRT Source Object
Available in Krakatoa v1.6.0 and higher
- The PRT Source object is a special object designed as a connection to 3rd party particle source objects implementing the Krakatoa Particle Stream Interface IMaxKrakatoaPRTSource.
- The PRT Source object implements all features already available in the PRT Volume and PRT FumeFX objects, including displaying particles in the viewport, passing particles to the renderer, transforming particles, deforming particles using modifiers and Space Warps, modifying particle data using Krakatoa Channel Modifiers, selecting and deleting particles.
- The PRT Source User Interface is not finalized yet.
- Currently it provides the following controls:
Source Object pickbutton
- The pick button is used to select the 3rd party object exposing the IMaxKrakatoaPRTSource interface.
- Right-clicking the button or left-clicking the [>] button next to it will open a context menu providing the following options:
- Select Source Object - selects the source object in the scene.
- Hide Source Object - toggles the hidden state of the source object.
- Set PRTSource Object Name From Source Object's Name - renames the PRT Source object based on the source's name.
- Align PRTSource Object To Source Object - aligns the PRTSource object by matching its transformation matrix to the transformation of the source object.
- Remove Source Object - removes the reference to the source object, turning the pick button back to its default "None" state.
Disable In Viewport
- When checked, the PRT Source will not generate any particles in the viewport.