Krakatoa 1.6.1 / 1.6.2 Change Log
- Improved Licensing handling. Krakatoa will now use HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\FLEXlm License Manager if the HKEY_CURRENT_USER variant does not exist. This makes managing render nodes much simpler.
- The Online Help buttons in the Krakatoa GUI have been redirected to the thinkboxsoftware.com versions of the help pages.
- RealFlow MeshLoader objects now work properly as matte objects.
- Starting without Helium does not crash to desktop. (We were trying to display a message box, but that was causing a crash to desktop. If Helium is not installed / listed in plugin.ini, Schematic Flow, Krakatoa Channels Modifier and MagmaFlow scripts will not be loaded and will not be available until Helium is enabled again. An error should be printed to the Krakatoa Log about this ).
- Improved error reporting when necessary channels (e.g. Smoke) are requested by PRT FumeFX but are missing from the FumeFX simulation.
- Attempting to expose a Vector Input was causing an error message / MagmaFlow crash in all 1.6.x builds. This has been fixed.
Particle Data Viewer
- PDV can now sort each column in the data channels view in ascending or descending order.
- Sorting of Floats and Integers will be performed on the actual values, sorting by a Vector channel can be optionally switched to use String comparison, Component comparison or Magnitude comparison (the default).
- PDV now supports Particle Flow and Thinking Particles channel display.
- A Menu bar was added to PDV with "View" and "Sort" categories.
- The "View">"Display Info List" option controls the visibility of the bottom (stats) list.
- The "View">"Show Data Channel Type and Arity" option controls the column header display. When unchecked, only the channel name will be shown.
- The "View">"Particle Flow Channel Display Options..." option opens a dialog with checkboxes for the supported PFlow channels - Velocity, ID, Age, LifeSpan, Group, Scale, Spin, Orientation, Normal, Tangent, Normal x Tangent (cross product). Note that Index and Position Channel are always shown.
- The "View">"Thinking Particles Channel Display Options..." option opens a dialog with checkboxes for the supported TP channels - Position, Velocity, ID, Group, Age, LifeSpan, Mass, Size, Scale, PDV. Note that Index and PositionDT will are always shown.
- The PositionDT channel displays the actual position of the particle after integration, matching the position in the viewport/renderer. It is used for the particle display in the viewport. **The Position channel column will show the Position data in the particle before integration, one integration step earlier.
- The PDV column is for future use.
- The "Sort" menu contains the options for Vector sorting described earlier.
- A bug was fixed where if a particle was selected in PDV and displayed in the viewport, changing to a different frame and updating PDV would cause an error if the selected particle did not exist on that frame. This has been fixed.
- Added support for 3ds Max 2012.
- Added a ">Use" button for emission strength controls. When disabled (which is the default) the emission strength is equivalent to the Final Pass Density setting.
- Added Frost channels to the standard list of channels.
- Fixed a small crash when enabling Force Update in KCM and one or more nodes the KCM is dependent on are missing (e.g. after loading a whole stack via the Save/Load Stack MacroScripts)
- Switched licensing to the new "thinkbox" vendor, making this build compatible with Krakatoa MX 2.0 and higher licenses.