Krakatoa MX 2.1.x Change Log (WIP, Public Beta)
As of 2012/08/01
- Split the installer into dedicated 32 and 64 bit installers.
- Now installing to either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86) depending on the build.
- Plugin folder is now ONE level deep from the KrakatoaHome folder!
- Replaced installer images.
- Added support for 3ds Max 2013, 32 and 64 bit.
- 2.1.2: Added support for Thinking Particles 5 including Max 2013
- 2.1.2: Added support for FumeFX 3. Note that build 3.0.2 or higher is required!
- 2.1.3: FumeFX 3 support was broken in 3ds Max 2012 and earlier. This has been fixed.
- 2.1.3: Added an uninstaller startup script which removes the Krakatoa Menu if Krakatoa was uninstalled. Previously, the Krakatoa menu would remain because it was not accessible by the Uninstaller.
- Reverted the Rendering licensing to v2.0.0 and earlier behavior - a single license will be acquired per physical machine instead of using a license per render instance (the Krakatoa SR behavior).
- 2.1.3: License information in Max 2013 could become corrupted due to some Unicode issues. This has been fixed.
- Fixed Background Color spinner in Extended VFB Controls - it was using RGB and not RGBA.
- Fixed Default PRT Loader Path display in the Preferences dialog - it was being set correctly, but was not being displayed.
- Fixed Particle Sources Preset Menu which was not showing all options all the time.
- Fixed Value Preset Menus which had the same problem due to a wrong variable name.
- 2.1.2: Fixed copyright notices to 2012 in various places.
- 2.1.2: Fixed a MAXScript error thrown when setting the Shader from the VFB Extension without ever opening the main Krakatoa GUI.
- 2.1.2: Fixed some value presets loading problems.
Particle Flow Bonus Operators
- 2.1.2: Added alerts and special "NO" icons to display in Particle Flow when a Krakatoa license cannot be acquired.
- Replaced the Krakatoa MagmaFlow Editor with the release version of the Genome MagmaFlow UI. This includes all changes to the workflows including Input Channels access, new faster and more advanced Debugger, new Mesh-related nodes with Element data access, faster kd-tree evaluation of transformed but non-deforming meshes etc.
- The Curve control had a bug in the Bezier curve interpolation, producing incorrect results. This has been fixed as part of the Genome update.
- VectorCross and VectorDot operators were not being converted correctly from 1.6 flows. Fixed.
- KCMs converted to Magma will now be set to AutoUpdate ON.
- 2.1.2: Fixed a crash on first node creation with Depot OFF.
- 2.1.2: Fixed BLOP menu showing some sub-folders as "undefined"
- 2.1.2: Fixed UPDATE button in Render Element mode which was closing the dialog instead. Fixed Render Element output display which was wrong.
- 2.1.2: Added the ability to Expose the Output Channel in the command panel.
- 2.1.2: Disabled Debug mode for Render Elements and Global Channel Overrides
- 2.1.2: Fixed Global Channel Override default flow.
- 2.1.2: Fixed a MAXScript error when closing a Curve Control with the corresponding Editor closed.
- 2.1.2: Added Error Tree display (nested nodes will appear red in case of error, so if a sub-operator of a BLOP has an error, the BLOP will also be shown in red on the higher level. Also added a menu item to navigate to the error level.
- 2.1.2: Added Error update on AUTO/UPDATE button activation.
- 2.1.2: The Max 2012 build of Magma had optimizations off in the previous build and was running an order of magnitude slower than normal. This has been corrected.
- 2.1.2: Fixed a Unicode problem when saving from 2013 as 2012 MAX file.
- 2.1.2: Fixed the setting of channel type and arity when typing an existing channel name manually.
- 2.1.2: Added Keyboard Shortcut descriptions to the Pan/Zoom menu.
- 2.1.3: Integer values were not allowed as Booleans in the previous build. This has been fixed.
- Fixed a bug in "Scene Particle Systems" explorer - a property was misspelled, causing a MAXScript error.
- Added Local Workstation Partitioning Mode using Command Line Rendering option. This will create a number of MAX files and BAT files in the PRT output folder. When executed, these BAT files will launch 3DSMAXCMD.EXE with the corresponding scene file and could be used to process multiple partitions in parallel on the local worksstation. Note that a valid KRAKATOA-RENDER license will be required as this won't work with the Workstation license.
- Fixed Matte Named Selection Sets rebuilding which was too slow.
- Fixed Matte Named Selection Sets rebuilding which was too slow.*Added Local Workstation Mode using Command Line Rendering option.*Fixed some value presets loading problems.
The following problems have been logged for fixing before the official release of Krakatoa MX 2.1, but have not been fixed yet:
- PRT Volume in World Space mode will not update if the Source object has animated transforms but no mesh animation. In the mean time, add a Bend modifier to the Source and keyframe the Angle to 0 on two frames to force updates.