Krakatoa SR C++ API 2.6.3 was released on January 26, 2017.
- Improved the performance of rendering extreme depth of field effects.
- Added adaptive motion blur.
- Added anamorphic squeeze for depth of field effects.
- Added support for custom bokeh textures for depth of field effects.
- The windows version is now built using MSVC 140 (Visual Studio 2015, requires the new runtime).
- Fixed a performance issue that was causing very slow renders on computers that have a lot of memory (over 4 GB).
- Krakatoa will now automatically adjust the number of threads used to render multiple frame buffers in parallel to optimize memory usage. In previous versions, attempting to render very high resolution images (4K, 8K+) on a multi-processor machine with many cores resulted in memory allocation problems.
- Added the ability to limit the number of threads that Krakatoa will use.
- Fixed support for the Kajiya-Kay particle shader.
- Fixed a bug that caused all non-exr images (png, tiff, etc.) to have incorrect colors on OS X.
- Fixed a bug that was writing out image files with incorrect filenames.
- Fixed a bug that was ignoring writing out extra image passes (z-depth etc.) in certain cases.
- Added support for loading E57, RPC, LAS, PTS, and PTX point file formats.
Thinkbox Software | Comments Off |