Stoke MX Field Texmap
Available in Stoke MX 2.0 and higher. Last Edited on May 1, 2014.
The Field Texmap is a procedural texture map that lets you pass Stoke Field data into the shading system of 3ds Max.
It is accessed through the regular 3ds Max Material / Map Browser.
Field Source pickbutton
- The pickbutton lets you pick a valid Stoke Field source from the scene.
- Hit the H key to select by name.
- Clicking the button next to the Field Source pickbutton will open a context menu with the following options:
- Select Field Source - selects in the scene the object that was picked as the field source. Grayed out if no source was picked.
- Hide Field Source - togge the hidden state of the picked field source. Grayed out if no source was picked. A checkmark will be displayed if the source is hidden.
- Remove Field Source - clears the Field Source pick, disconnecting the texture from the Field Source.
Channel drop-down list
- The list will contain all Scalar and Vector channels defined in the source.
- Scalar fields will be interpreted as grayscale values, Vector channels as Color values.
- If the map is used in a Mono or Normal Perturbation (Bump) channel, the field will be used to produce the expected data automatically.
- The Coordinates rollout is the standard object texture mapping plugin used by procedural textures.
- It will be set to World XYZ mode by default to apply the world-space field data to the scene objects.