Stoke MX Field Fluid Motion Modifier
Available in Stoke MX 2.0 and higher. Last Edited on May 1, 2014.
The Stoke Field Fluid Motion modifier can be used to remove the Divergence from Vector fields (typically Velocity fields) coming up the 3ds Max modifier stack.
It is similar to the SimpleFluid operator in Stoke Field Magma, or the Simple Fluid Solver of the Stoke Field Simulator, but can be applied to any Vector field, including one coming from a Stoke Field Loader for example.
It has the added bonus of being easily accessible on the 3ds Max modifier stack for fast toggling on and off.
Stoke Field Fluid Motion rollout
Input Channel text field
- The Input Channel text field defaults to "Velocity"
- It can be used to specify the name of the Field to remove the Divergence from.
- If the specified channel does nto exist, the modifier will do nothing.
Use Spacing checkbox
- This checkbox is unchecked by default.
- When unchecked (default), the incoming grid resolution will be used to perform the calculations.
- When checked, the spacing specified by the value spinner to the right will be used instead.
Spacing value spinner and presets button
- Defaults to 1.0.
- Used to define an override grid spacing when the Use Spacing checkbox is checked.
- Contains a description of the modifier's functionality.